Monday, March 21, 2011

So Amazing!

God is definitely the ultimate time keeper! I am continually amazed at how well His system works. Down here in the South we judge planting time by lots of different methods, but one of the best known and celebrated is the blooming of the Dogwood trees. In Atlanta we have the annual Dogwood Festival to kick off the season.

Today for me was just another nod to the Man Upstairs for letting me see how effective His plan is for planting and harvesting. I have a young Dogwood tree I planted about 5 years ago out in front of the house, and I have been waiting with baited breath for the little guy to blossom this year, because it's just loaded with blossoms.

And behold, last night the buds began to open. Now this in and of itself is very cool, since somehow the tree knew not to blossom even though we just went through an Indian Summer this past February that caused a lot of other plants to bloom and pollinate prematurely.

But what amazed me today was the realization that many of the garden seeds I planted as long as a month ago all popped their heads through the soil today, all on cue, all on the same day the Dogwood blossomed. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment